Tissue Engineering and Biomaterial Research Centre
The Tissue Engineering and Biomaterials Research Centre was established in 2013 within the Near East University Centre of Excellence in order to establish a bridge between basic scientists, engineers and medical scientists and to ensure interdisciplinary cooperation.
As the first and only Tissue Engineering and Biomaterials Research Centre in the TRNC, we are committed to providing unique solutions for health problems of the society by enhancing the accumulation of information via research in the field of basic and applied biomedical sciences and serving as a bridge to promote cross-disciplinary collaboration between scientists and engineers regarding this issue.
We are committed to becoming the leading Research Centre in contributing to the issues concerning engineering and biomaterials and underlying sciences leading to developments and innovations that will help to prolong and improve quality of life. We are devoted to ensuring an interdisciplinary information network and to developing quality research and application systems for the multidisciplinary and global challenges through collaboration with national and international organizations.
- To be among the leading countries in the fields of tissue engineering and biomaterials.
- To be a leading research centre in both diagnosis and treatment with new designs in the field of biomedicine.
|Prof. Dr. Meltem Nalça Andrieu
Centre’s Activities / fields of study
- To produce original solutions to health problems.
- Tissue Engineering,
- Early diagnosis software, Artificial Intelligence applications
- Artificial Organs
- Diagnostic and medical products
Field of study
- Design of hybrid products.
- Nano / Micro particle synthesis, characterization and applications.
- LbL film and scaffolding designs
- Development of early diagnosis software systems.
- Artificial Organs
- Biomaterials Research Group
- Tissue Engineering Research Group
- Implant and Bioreactors Research Group
- Biosensors and Bioelectrodes Research Group
- Molecular Imaging and Analysis Research Group
- Computerized Systems Biology Research Group
- Near East University, GENETICS AND CANCER RESEARCH CENTRE
- Near East University, ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES RESEARCH CENTRE
- Middle East Technical University, DEPARTMENT of BIOENGINEERING
- Ege University, DEPARTMENT of BIOENGINEERING
- ChemBioTech Laboratories UK
- Wound Drape, Smart Bandage Synthesis and Characterization
- Synthesis and Characterization of Blood Compatible Biofilm with Enhanced Electrical Properties
- Development of Nanoparticles for Molecular Imaging
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Prof. Dr. Terin Adalı
- Prof. Dr. Deniz Seyrek İntaş
- Prof. Dr. Kamil Seyrek İntaş
- Prof. Dr. Meltem Nalça Andrieu
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mehtap Cambaz Tınazlı
- Spec. Dr. Yasemin Küçükçiloğlu
- Prof. Dr. Mustafa Gazi
- Prof. Dr. Elvan Yılmaz
- Prof. Dr. Nesrin Hasırcı
- Prof. Dr. Martin KRAMER
- Prof. Dr. Stefan Arnold
- Prof. Dr. Ali Eroğlu
- Prof. Dr. Christina Wrenzycki
- Prof. Dr. Wilhelm Schoner
- Mthabisi T. G. Moyo
- Valarie Oru Aybor
- Kassahun Alula
- Chidi Wilson Nwekwo
- Ceyda Anaç
- Abdullah Rafi
- Şenay İmamoğlu
- Khalid H. A. Abushahla
- Niyazi Şentürk
- Fulya Yonucu
- Berre Elifnur