The Centre of Excellence is a high-level research department that acts under the Near East University Founding Rector and was established as a bridge between the research centres and projects with the interventions and support of the Founding Rector Dr. Suat İ. Günsel.
There are eighteen advanced research centres equipped with the latest technology under the umbrella of the Centre of Excellence.
The Center’s overall goal is to be the driving force in bringing together the accomplished, talented and creative scientists who are committed to promoting excellence in research via interdisciplinary studies.
Another goal of the Center of Excellence is to configure all accumulated data obtained through dynamic research activities and promote the advancement of multidisciplinary collaborative studies that target greater achievements.
The Center of Excellence encourages collaboration and aims to collate the best possible applications and conduct studies that are pioneering in many different areas.
The main principles of the Center of Excellence can be listed as follows:
- To determine the priority issues of our country which are developing in line with the scientific world and to promote the scientific potential to come together to conduct collaborative studies leading to scientific production through creativity and innovation,
- To be able to self-evaluate and advance the production of information, perfection and pioneering of knowledge with a transparent policy.
- To advance the research power and scientific respect of Near East University to a targeted level on a national and international scale. To educate both specialists and the community on necessary topics.
- To contribute to the development of the scientific level of postgraduate studies carried out at Near East University and to support the increase in the researcher power required for scientific development in our country in terms of quantity and quality.
- To contribute to the development of scientific cooperation opportunities of Near East University with high-level foreign institutions; to obtain support from national and international research support programs; to ensure the more efficient and productive use of existing research infrastructure and financial opportunities
- To regulate the organization between the application and research centres, research and analysis laboratories and similar units, to make available research and development facilities that can be used by all departments, establishing required regulations by helping them overcome bureaucratic obstacles.
- To conduct studies to develop the staff required by the centre both nationally and internationally.
- To create R&D Strategy Documents by working on the scientific priority areas of Near East University and the strategies related to these areas.
- To support the quality processes of Near East University in scientific and R&D studies and to support the necessary accreditation and certification processes within the scope of quality management.
- Working to specify the science policies of Near East University and to ensure they are applied in accordance with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, European Union and Turkish Science Policies and other international scientific policy texts.
Yakın Doğu Üniversitesi Centre of Excellence Araştırma Fonu ile proje destekleri vermektedir.
- YDÜ Bilimsel ve Sanatsal Faaliyetleri ve Katılım Desteği Uygulama İlkeleri
- Bilimsel ve Sanatsal Etkinlikler ile Yayınları Özendirme Destek Programı
- Yakın Doğu Üniversitesi Araştırma/ Bilimsel Proje Gelişim Raporu
- Yakın Doğu Üniversitesi Araştırma/ Bilimsel Proje Sonuç Raporu
- Yakın Doğu Üniversitesi Centre of Excellence Bilimsel ve Sanatsal Etkinliklere Katılım Başvuru Formları
- Yakın Doğu Üniversitesi Center of Excellence Yayınlara Sağlanan Maddi Destek Başvuru Formları
Activities and Reports
Scientific Consulting Board
Eğitim ve Sosyal Bilimler Bilimsel Danışma Kurulu
- Prof. Dr. Tülen Saner
- Prof. Dr. Şerife Z. EYÜPOĞLU
- Prof. Dr. Zehra Altınay Gazi
- Prof. Dr. Fahriye Altınay Aksal
- Prof. Dr. İsmail Sıla
Fen- Edebiyat ve Mühendislik Bilimsel Danışma Kurulu
- Prof. Dr. Salih Gücel
- Prof. Dr. Evren Hıncal
- Prof. Dr. Rahip Abiyev
- Doç. Dr. Sefket Öznur
- Doç. Dr. Terin Adali
Sağlık Bilimleri Bilimsel Danışma Kurulu
- Prof. Dr. Dudu Özkum
- Prof. Dr. Vedat SAĞMANLIGİL
- Prof. Dr. Canan Hecer
- Prof Dr. Eray Dirik
- Prof Dr. Arzu Babayiğit Hocaoğlu
Sanatsal Bilimsel Danışma Kurulu
- Tamer Garip
- Prof. Erdal Aygenç
- Öğr. Gör. Eser Keçeci
- Öğr. Gör. Gamze Anıl
Scientific Referee Board
Ext: +90 (392) 223 64 64 / 7-3017