The Tourism Research and Development Centre, which was established within the body of the Near East University, aims to create scientific projects by bringing together academics and the tourism industry.
The Tourism Research and Development Centre carries out academic studies and projects in order to improve the existing structure in the national and international sector, to base it on sustainable foundations in accordance with the realities of the country, and to ensure that the steps taken in the proper planning and shaping of the planned investments are implemented correctly.
Studies are carried out with the aim of providing academic benefits to the national and international tourism sector, especially the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus tourism, and to move the tourism sector forward with an innovative approach.
The Tourism Research and Development Centre conducts multi-disciplinary and interdisciplinary scientific studies and research, to which its academic staff and graduate students also contribute, in order to develop national and international tourism policies. In the Tourism Research and Development Centre, the creative and innovative graduate students' graduate research projects are supported by the lecturers within the centre, contributing to the provision of the senior executive staff needed by the tourism sector and the renewal and strengthening of the academic staff.
The Tourism Research and Development Centre organizes education and training programs for the tourism sector and provides consultancy services.
The Tourism Research and Development Centre supports and coordinates national and international research projects.
Prof. Dr. Tülen SANER
Aims and Objectives
- To carry out and promote research in the field of tourism; to prepare reports on these issues, to carry out projects, to publish.
- To develop and implement national and international education programs in cooperation with national and international academic institutions and research institutions.
- To organize certified or non-certified education and training programs.
- To organize conferences, symposiums, workshops, seminars, exhibitions and similar studies and events.
- Organizing or contributing to activities such as informative promotions, shows, festivals.
- Preparing and publishing informative visual or audio material for the public, contributing to the creation of such materials.
- To cooperate with scientific organizations working on the same issues abroad and in the field of tourism, as well as official and private institutions, to design and carry out joint activities.
- To prepare tourism inventory and databases by making use of university facilities and to share them with the government's tourism-related units, especially the SPO.
- To direct students of all levels, especially NEU students, to research on the activities of the Tourism Research and Development Centre and to support their research.
- Establishing and coordinating working groups to carry out research and studies falling within the scope of the Tourism Research and Development Centre.
- To provide paid or free consultancy and expert services to public and private institutions within the framework of Near East University regulations.
- To benefit from local and foreign experts in the realization of research, examination and training studies in the field of tourism.
- To produce publications in Turkish and English n a way that will serve the realization of the purpose of the Tourism Research and Development Centre.
- To carry out the necessary coordination for the realization of national and international research projects in the field of tourism, to provide support or funds for these projects.
The Tourism Research and Development Centre is committed to contributing to the sustainable economic and social development of the tourism sector and society by providing effective solutions for stakeholders in the tourism sector with scientific research and applications.
To achieve world standards in its activities by prioritizing transparency and participation while performing 'education-training', 'research-development' and 'professional consultancy' services with its highly trained and qualified personnel, based on efficiency at international standards.