The university shuttle service first commenced in 1991 with only 3 buses, 1 mini-bus, 4 drivers and 1 manager. In 2003, the transportation service was completely reorganised in order to provide an even more efficient service.
SERVICES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF TRANSPORTATION OFFICE
- Meeting the transportation needs of students with approximately 100 buses on campus and various locations of the city including the city center.
- Offering a regular shuttle service for NEU pre-school, primary and NEU College students.
- Offering shuttle services for social events and academic activities which take place outside the campus,
- Offering shuttle services for instructors coming from overseas. They are collected at the airport or seaport and brought to the campus.
- Offering transportation for graduation ceremonies and parties.
- Transfering newly registered students from the airport and seaport to the campus.
- Offering transportation services for NEU Sports teams.
- Offering transportation for journeys and sightseeing trips arranged by the faculties.
- Offering transportation services for the Near East Tourism and Travel Agency and Near East Petrol Station.
- Providing maintenance and repair services for vehicles used by the Near East institutions.
- Providing transportation services for the Management of Canteen and Cafeterias and main cookery unit.
- Providing other transportation services as required.
Service and Work Guidelines for the Transportation Office:
NEU transportation activities are carried out in accordance with the Traffic Laws and Regulations of the TRNC.
Safety of life and property is the basic principle.
Precision of duties and services.
Keeping transportation vehicles clean and in the best condition as if they
are about to run in service at any moment.
Using different vehicles appropriate for various transportation tasks.
Integration of tasks that are convenient for the same kind of transportation is principally necessary.