General Secretary: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Yeter Tabur
The General Secretary is the highest authority in the administrative structure of the University and is responsible to the Office of the Rector in their work, supervision and control of this structure. In addition, the General Secretary is a reporting member of the University Senate and Board of Directors without voting rights.
Along with the duties of the administrative structure, the General Secretary also fulfills the following duties themselves and through their subordinate units:
Duties of General Secretary
- Carrying out all bureaucratic and administrative services through affiliated units.
- Ensuring that the units in the administrative organization work in an efficient, regular, harmonious and coordinated manner.
- Making recommendations to the Board of Trustees about the personnel to be assigned in the administrative organization.
- Establishing sufficient staff to fulfill administrative duties in order to achieve the determined goals and objectives.
- Regulating and supervising the activities of the affiliated units and ensuring that the activities are carried out properly.
- Conducting correspondence and exercising signature authority
- Holding periodic meetings and exchanging feedback the Departments.
- Performing other duties assigned by the Rectorate and Board of Trustees within the framework of laws, by-laws and regulations.
Departments Connected to the General Secretary
- Student Affairs Directorate
- Internal Services Directorate
- General Services and Dormitory General Directorate
- Student Affairs Registration and Acceptance Directorate
- Student Affairs Accounting Directorate
- Near East Collage Accounting Directorate
- Near East Primary School Accounting Directorate