In Honor of April 23 National Sovereignty and Children's Day, Cyprus Turkish National History Museum and Cyprus Museum of Modern Arts, which function within the body of the Near East University Education Foundation, are collaboratively organizing a photography contest themed "Child".
According to the press release issued by the Directorate of Press and Public Relations Office of Near East University, the contest will be held in two different categories consisting of old photos and new photos categories.
The new photographs category will be a prize competition. The photographs submitted for the contest will be assessed by the Selection Committee and those ranking the top three will be awarded. The Selection Committee will also determine three contestants for Honorable Mention Award and one contestant for Jury's Special Award. The photographers, whose photos are eligible for the exhibition but not eligible for prize, will be presented Certificate of Participation. Certification of Honor will be presented to the photographers, who will compete in the old photos category, provided that their photos are accepted by the Cyprus Turkish National History Museum.
The first category of the photo contest themed on "Child" will consist of photographs depicting children during the years of the national struggle. The second category will consist of photos bearing traces from the lives of children in the Turkish Cypriot community. Among these, photos depicting children in education, children at play and children in nature will be considered eligible. Photos to compete in the second category may be black and white photo or color photo.
Those who want to participate in the exhibition with photographs taken during the years of National Struggle will be able to participate with copies of original photographs. If those, who had taken the photograph(s), or owners are not alive, their relatives will be able to participate in the exhibition with those photographs by authenticating the degree of their relationships.
April 10, 2019 is the deadline for Applications...
Those willing to participate in the photo contest can submit the photos either by hand or by e-mail. Those willing to deliver the photos by hand are required to submit a CD including the photos to the Cyprus Museum of Modern Arts that located at the Museums Zone on Near East University Campus until the end of the workday on Wednesday April 10, 2019 at the latest. Those willing to apply via e-mail are required to send their mails for application to [email protected] until 10 April, 2019 at the latest.
Requirements for the “Child” themed Photo Contest
- The contestants will be able to participate in the category related to the national struggle years as many photos as they want, however, they will be able to participate in the new photo category with at least 3 maximum 8 photos.
- The contestants are required to participate in the competition with only one form of the same photograph (black and white or color).
- For both categories, it is required to indicate where the photographs had been taken.
- All photographs must have been taken in Cyprus.
- Children in photographs should be at most 12 years of age.
- If known, the places and the names of persons in the old photographs presented to the contest shall be indicated.
- The digital photos are required to be high resolutions ones (at least 1MB, 300dpi) and should be prepared for 30x40 cm print.
- Photographs should be delivered for the contest either by CD or by e-mail.
- The original print of historical (old) photographs delivered for the contest will be exhibited. The original prints of the photographs will be delivered back to their owners after the photos are digitally printed.
- The old photographs presented for the contest shall not be manipulated in digital environment but if necessary, the required operations on photographs shall be carried out by experts.
- The credentials and telephone numbers of the participants will be sealed tender.
- A five digit nickname shall be written on the back of the CDs containing the photographs.
- Photographs presented for the contest will be evaluated by the Selection Committee consisting of 5 members.
Photographs will be determined by the Selection Committee...
Photographs submitted for the contest will be assessed by the Selection Committee consisting of 5 members. The Selection Committee is consisted of the following members: Professor Ali Efdal Özkul, the Founding President of the Board of Directors of the Cyprus Turkish National History Museum, Hikmet Uluçam, Photograph Artist and Graphic Designer, Mehmet Gökyiğit, Chairman of FODER (Turkish Cypriot Photography Association), Gazi Yüksel, Faculty Member of Near East University and Photograph Artist, and Musa Kayra, Illustrator and Photograph Artist.
Photographs ranking the Top Three at the "Child" themed Photography Contest will be awarded...
The photographs submitted for the contest will be assessed by the Selection Committee of 5 members. The first-placed photographer will be awarded with a free check-up package for two at Near East University Hospital, the second-placed one will be awarded with a free check-up package at Near East University Hospital and the third-placed one will be awarded with a weekend full-board accommodation for two at Dorana Hotel. The Selection Committee will also determine three competitors for Honorable Mention Award and one competitor for Jury's Special Award. The Jury's Special award includes a lunch for two at the restaurant on the 9th floor of the Faculty of Health Sciences.
Photographs will be exhibited at the Cyprus Arts Center...
Photographs considered eligible for the contest will be exhibited at the Cyprus Arts Center, which is located at Atatürk Culture and Congress Center (AKKM) and affiliated to the Cyprus Museum of Modern Arts, on Tuesday 23 April, 2019.
Contact for Participation in the Contest and Further Information...
Those willing to participate in the "Child" titled Photo Contest can contact with Professor Ali Efdal Özkul, the Founding President of the Board of Directors of National History Museum, and Görkem Bulunç, the Acting Director of Cyprus Museum of Modern Arts, either by calling 0392 680 20 00 (extension: 5251)and 0392 680 20 00 (extension 5656) or by mailing to [email protected] and [email protected] and [email protected] e-mail addresses.