THE DURATION OF THIS PROGRAM IS 2 YEARS. THE LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION IS TURKISH.
Assist. Prof. Dr. Hanife Özkayalar
Aim of program:
Diagnostic histopathology has gained significance in the diagnosis of diseases in the contemporary world. This program aims to fulfil the need of support personnel for the field of pathology and thus balance the number of pathologists with pathology technicians working as health staff. That is, this program aims to raise and educate competent individuals to pick up duties in pathology and cytopathology laboratories functioning in university and private hospitals.
It is a known fact that there is a growing number of need for individuals to work effectively, individuals equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills, in order to make quick and correct diagnoses in pathology laboratories.
Therefore, this program was initiated to address this need, and graduate individuals who are capable of working in pathology and cytopathology laboratories to carry out processes for microscopic examination of organs, tissues and body fluids, and all relevant technical processes involved, and therefore be individuals who have the capability to problem solve, adopt new technical procedures, and develop a well coordination of the hand and eye, and thus work efficiently in the relevant need.
Graduates from the Department of Pathology Laboratory Technician have the opportunity to be recruited in the following areas:
- Inpatient and Outpatient Health Institutions of Ministry of Health
- Pathology and Cytopathology Laboratories of University Hospitals
- Pathology and Cytopathology Laboratories of Private Hospitals
- Private Pathology and Cytopathology Laboratories
- Pathology and Cytopathology Laboratories of Forensic Medicine Institutions
- Histology Laboratories of Faculties of Medicine
- Molecular Laboratories of Faculties of Medicine
- Cytogenetic Laboratories