The beginning of establishment of NEU goes back to 1988. The roots of the university was first established in the Evkaf Buildings located around Arasta region at the city center, and the English Preparatory School was its first department.
Significant advances both in academic and physical terms have been made throughout the 20 years that passed since establishment of the university. The first significant attempt was to move the university to its present location which was a deserted place before the establishment of campus. Then, within a short while the university made significant advances and the campus developed so that the deserted land turned into a small educational city. The English Preparatory School also made advances in accordance with the developments and needs of the university.
In 1993, in parallel to the increasing number of students and academic needs, the Education Palace which is an exceptionally well designed modern complex was built and English Preparatory School started to carry out its studies at this complex.
The developments of university in physical terms have led to parallel developments in quality of education. Eventually there will be changes and advances in time, however, one thing will remain the same, our mission, which is based on offering the best possible training system with best teachers.
The mission of the English Preparatory School is providing the students with a linguistic background in English so that they can cope with their departmental studies that are conducted in English, and make them familiar with the concepts and disciplinary terms of the university as well as gaining insight about the requirements of academic life.
The vision of the university is based on contibuting to educational life of students by offering the highest possible quality in education, using the latest educational equipment and materials, developing the students insight about the role and importance of quality in educational facilities, and training students in order to be able to use the language skills successfully.
Aims and Objectives
- Training students to be able to use all language skills effectively and improve students’ knowledge about linguistic details.
- Improving students language skills and knowledge to be able to cope with their departmental studies.
- Improving quality of education in accordance with international standards of language teaching and reducing the number of students in each language classroom so that language training can be given most effectively.
- Providing students with opportunities to reach materialls and guidance needed during their language learning process.
Strong sides of EPS
- Sufficient amount of materials are available for both teachers and students.
- Strong ties, which are based on respect and sincerity, have been established between administration, teachers and students.
- The feeling of team spirit is at the highest level and as a result of this, the studies are carried out effectively and successfully.
- Language skills are taught especially in accordance with the requirements of courses and each language skill is separately taught by a teacher.
- Both teachers and students are provided with supplementary support out of the classroom teaching hours.
- Progress of each student is monitored carefully during the studies.
- Teaching environment is comfortable and atmosphere is friendly and warm.