Overview of how to restore partial edontolous dentures
1.Knowledge: The importance of the treatmentplanning in removable dentures and undestanding all possible forces in oral circumstances that may effect prosthesis.
2.Skills:To teach examining all axis/planes while planing removable prosthesis, choosing appreciate restorations and using extra prosthetic apparatus if it is required.
3.Attitude: To have succsess in rehabilitation of partial dentures examing all factors related to patient or oral environment is essential
1.Knowledge: Clinical and radiological examination of full mouth. Identifying impression methods and impression materials. Teaching techniques in determination of maxillo-mandibular relationships. To teach principles of teeth arrangement in complete dentures.
2.Skills: Preparation of mouth in other diciplines (e.g. extractions)before starting restoring a new complete dentures. Knowing advantages/ disaadvantages and/or advantages/disadvantages of impression techniques and materials. Learning different horizantal and vertical jaw relation determination methods. Being aware of all the features according to the teeth arrangement.
3.Attidude: Restoring a new complete denture needs care in all steps from preprosthetic rehabilitation to
teeth arrangement stage.
1.Knowledge: To teach origin, insertion and fuctions of muscles and other components of masticatory system. To teach the whole movements of mandibula during all positions in opening, closing phase etc. To teach the importance of occlusion, kinds of occlusion, restoring which kind of occlusion in cases and treatment in malocclusion.
2.Skills: To learn treating patients with counting the muscles, jaw movements while creating optimum occlusion.
3.Attitude: Negligance of movable components, movements and occlusion while planning dentures may cause oral problems
1.Knowledge: Oral, social, radiographic evaulation while treating people.
2.Skills: Assesment of abutment teeth and pontic areas in the manner of periodontal and endodontically. Restoration and material which used in restorations.
3.Attitude: Complete assement of teeth, systemic evaulation of patient may lead long term fixed prosthesis.
1.Knowledge:To teach indications/contraincication of impnat applications, properties of kinds of implants and restoring implant supported prosthesis
2.Skills: To learn choose correct implant type, number and appropriate patient in implant applications.
3.Attitude:Patients may be glad to use more comfortable and longer time their dentures when implant supported dentures designed according to their indications.
1. Knowledge: To learn materials which ares used in fixed, partial or complete dentures.
2. Skill:Knowing advantanges/ disadvantages or/and indications/contrindications of restorative materials before selection.
3. Attitude:Unproper restorative material selection may lead renewing all the treatment.
To give information about the impression materials for the fixed prosthetic restorations, occlusal registration methods and impression techniques
1. Knowledge: To learn about impression techniques and materials .
2. Skill: To give ability of taking the impression.
3. Manner: To apply impression procedures clinically.
To discuss different type of occlusion in literature, to introduce of the type of occlusion developed to prevent tipping or rotation of complete denture plates.
1. Knowledge: To know the occlusion of the complete dentures.
2. Skill: To give ability of teeth setting with the rules of dental articulation.
3. Manner: Supporting the skills with theoretical knowledge.
To identify of tooth-supported complete dentures, complete dentures, immediate dentures and one jaw complete denture.
1. Knowledge: To give information about the different complete dentures
2. Skill: Having knowledge about the application of various complete dentures.
3. Manner: To apply these type of prosthesis in clinical practice.
To describe the clinical and laboratory applications of implant-supported prostheses.
1. Knowledge: To know stages of the planning and making superstructures at laboratory, and clinical practice of implant-supported prosthesis.
2. Skill: To use implant superstructures with the knowledge of their parts in clinic and laboratory.
3. Manner: To recognize and perform the various types of implant systems.
To use of 3-D radiological diagnostic methods prosthetic planning. To learn the most useful diagnostic methods, for the implant restorations.
1. Knowledge: To know radiological diagnostic methods of oral implantology.
2. Skill: To make radiological assessment practically.
3. Manner: To plan and perform with learning basic knowledge.
To clarify the basic philosophy of retaining elements by giving information about the concept of retention.
1. Knowledge: To give information about the role of retainers in partial dentures.
2. Skill: To prepare the necessary pre-conditions for the success of these elements.
3. Manner: To provide the proper and correct application of retainers.
Evaluation of different prosthetic approaches to maxillary and mandibular resection cases:
1. Information: Maxilary and mandibular resection prosthesis
2. Skill: Fitting
3. Attitude: Self-confidence
To explain in which restorations luting agent with various properties is indicated.
1. Knowledge: biological effects, contents, tissue friendship and physical abilities of luting agents are explain.
2. Skills: Ability of applying luting agents 3. Attitude: In practice, domination of the student to subject.
To evaluate of the examination procedures about patient examination for correct diagnosis and treatment planning in removable partial denture (RPD) patients, -to evaluate the procedures that are necessary for the preparation of the mouth to receive a RPD and to obtain information about preparations,-to teach the importance and principle of different impression techniques according to Kennedy Classes and to explain the impression techniques for the functional impression principals.
1.Knowledge:-to consider the details of the evaluation groups,to develop the diagnosis and treatment plan-to know the importance and sequences of mouth preparation and to consider the situations that are necessary according to the case – to know the anatomic and functional impression techniques , the simulation kinds of the functional pressure, the impression materials and trays relating to the functional impression techniques.
2. Skills : – to consider the evaluation steps about the patient examination for obtaining a correct diagnosis and treatment plan-to be able to apply the mouth preparation procedures prior to denture construction-to be able to apply the correct impression techniques for different Kennedy Classes.
3. Attitude:-to correlate all the patient examination results for the correct diagnosis and treatment planning – to know the importance and sequences of mouth preparations and to plan the required procedures – to consider the advantages of special impression rocedures and to decide to apply on the patient.