To understand the importance of patient’s history
1. Knowledge: The importance of the questions on patient’s history.
2. Skills: Anamnesis aids todiagnosis.
3. Attitude: To ask the questions to the patient for diagnosis.
Clinical and radiological examination, differantial diagnosis.
Evaluation of clinical and radiographic characteristics of lesions
Intraoral and extraoral examination techniques, evaluation
1. Knowledge: Intraoral and extraoral regions’ normal anatomy; finding patalogies with differantial
diagnosis. and to determination of findings from extraoral examination
2. Skills: With right intraoral and extraoral examinations able to right diagnosis.
3. Attitude: Knowing right differantial diagnosis
Biological changes and tissue defects caused by diagnostic radiation
1. Knowledge: Physical,chemical and biological changes caused by ionize radiation on human bodies.Factors about these changes, genetic effects and oral cavity effects.
2. Skills: According the biological effects on tissues radiation radiographic examination must be used consciously.
3. Attitude : Hazards of radiation must be well-known and not be used unnecessary.
Intraoral ve extraoral radiography techniques, indications and interpretation, Maxiller and mandibular
anatomic landmarcs seen on radiograph
1. Knowledge: Intraoral ve extraoral radiography techniques, indications and interpretation. 2. Knowledge : Maxiller and mandibular anatomic landmarcs seen on radiograph.
3. Skills: Inrtaoral andextraoral Radiography techniques..
4. Skills: Interpretation of landmarks on regions.
5. Attitude:Radiographic analysis and decide which is anatomic or pathologic.
Information:Being equipped with the theoretical knowledge of the place of the laser in Oral Diagnosis,
laser types, indications, contraindications, advantages and disadvantages.Skill: Oral Diagnosis putting
indication laser applications, find out the treatment of complications that may occur.Attitude:
Information about laser surgery patients, the unwavering ability to identify the indications and
Teaching volumetric and cross-sectional CT of Dentomaxillofacial region
Putting diagnoses for formations in the head and neck with 3-dimensional CT assessments pathological
The reasons of the pain with temporomandibular joint (TMJ) and made of treatment planning.
1. Knowledge: To teach the normal anatomical structure, pathology and imaging techniques of TMJ.
2. Skills: To decide the techniques that must be used to image of TMJ.
3. Attitude: To be conscious the patient’s anamnesis to know the pathology of TMJ.
To teach digital radiographs instead of conventional radiography thanks to evolving computer
-Direct digital radiography technique and identify the device.
-Provide information on the sensor structures. – -Explain the advantages and disadvantages of direct
-Describe the method of indirect digital radiography
-subraction Digital radiography technique.
2. Skill: Digital radiography device and recognize the technique.
3. Attitude: To evaluate the results of digital radiography. Information about the technique and the
Dental records of patients maintained where necessary, data sharing in cooperation with judicial
authorities.Radiological records of patients involved death, autopsy, murder, etc. carry out
multidisciplinary studies on the determination of cases of identity..
MR applications of dentomaxillofacial region
MR imaging of soft tissues in the mouth-teeth-jaws with the display of the method
Head and neck soft tissue lesions in the anatomic-pathological diagnoses of separations with the
introduction of the MR method.
Ultrasound applications of dentomaxillofacial region
To teach application and the benefits of ultrasound in dentistry
Introduction of the ultrasonographic display of head and neck region, especially in TMJ the differential
Radiography techniques used to determine the images we want to see in bone
Parallactic methods used in the field of dentistry student sorting, to learn the application forms.
-to learn the classification of the parallactic technique and indications.
-to learn to place the films and angulation of X-ray tube
2. Skill: All phases of parallactic methods pratics in radiology clinics
To learn the pathology and anatomy of maxillary sinus with the radiographs.
Learning the methods of classification and diagnosis of diseases of the maxillary sinus.
1. Knowledge: To classification of maxillary sinus pathology and to practice the differential diagnosis and
radiographic indications. 2. Skills: To determine the clinical diagnosis with maxillary sinus radiographs. 3.
Attitude: To learn the maxillary sinus pathology.
To learn the reactive lesions, infection and metabolic pathology, immune defect pathology, neoplasm of
salivary glands and imaging methods of salivary glands.
Learning the methods of classification and diagnosis of salivary gland diseases.
1. Knowledge: To learn the anatomy, physiology, pathology and imaging techniques of salivary glands. 2.
Skills: To determinate the salivary gland pathologies and to know the imaging techniques of salivary
glands for diagnosis. 3. Attitude: To know the normal anatomy of salivary glands and which techniques
must be used on their own pathology
To know the contamination and risk of potential infection during radiographic procedure.
To find out taking measures cross-infection between patients whose radiographs taken
To learn the necessity of Media sterilization / disinfection of equipment used in the cleaning is done after
Pain description, pain receptors, pain transmission and diagnostic approach to the pain.
The main complaint of patients with pain, train students capable of that can classify, and the differential
diagnosis and the need to
1. Knowledge: To know the pain history, determination of the pain, intraoral examination for the pain,
classification of the pain, clinical criteria of deep and surface pain and pain mechanisms. 2. Skills: To
perform the manifestation of the pain in orodental area and differential diagnosis of the pain. 3.
Attitude: To use the knowledge about diagnosis of pain in the clinic
Diagnosis and treatment planning by getting information to the patient’s condition can be made as
Assessment of systemic, not just to learn regions of patients with a complaint
Heart rate, blood pressure, fever, respiratory diseases etc. as systemic evaluate and assess vital signs.
To learn the orofascial pain, head and face pain and altered sensation and differential diagnosis of them.
The aetiology and types of head and face pain teaching methods used to diagnose.
1. Knowledge: To know the pain mechanism, pain anamnesis and determination, classification,
orofascial pains, head and face pains and altered sensation. 2. Skills: To detect the pain’s reason and to
perform the differential diagnosis of pain. 3. Attitude: To practice the knowledge on determination and
diagnosis of pain.
The students learn the locations of features in the formation of x-rays.
1. Knowledge: to learn parts of the x-ray tube, features of the materials and to learn production of x-rays
2. Skills: should learn x-ray tube and use x-ray tube according to its features.
3. Attitude: should learnhow x-rays are produced and learn issues to consider when using the machine.
To know new imaging modalities in diagnostic radiology which has improved as a result of rapidly developing computer technology.
To learn developing new imaging techniques in dentistry radiology.
1. Knowledge: what are these methods, their characteristics, principles of image formation, indications, contraindications and interpretation of the images with these methods.
2. Skills: know advantages and limitations of these methods, choose the accurate indication for the case and assess images precisely.
3.Attitude: know advantages of these methods over conventional imaging and utilize them when necessary.
To learn extraoral and intraoral signs and of childhood diseases.
In this lesson, to identify common systemic disease and learn the characteristics of these disorders, the
findings of the mouth in children.
Oral and dental health of children with systemic disease, curative and preventive approaches to handle,
mumps, measles, rubella, scarlet fever, chicken pox, diphtheria, infectious diseases such as childhood
infectious diseases and other oral findings to explain this disease etiology, pathogenesis, treatment, and
clinical approach to the teaching ; assessment of the effects of heredity and genetic influence on the
dental system and dental doctors
To inform about issues to be considered when applying treatment of women in dentistry.
Evaluation of the direction of interest in women in dentistry radiology.
To teach what types radiological examinations be used in which cases to teach
The understanding the congenital and acquired dental anomalies.
To know the principles of head, facial skeleton and dentition development.
Explaining the reasons for the observed structural defects in teeth provide information about measures
that can be taken to prevent, diagnose with developmental and acquired anomalies of dental tissues and
dental treatment planning is to make aware about.
The emergent status in dentistry, emergent applications
To learn the emergent status in dentistry, emergent applications and required medications and equipments
Be applied in case of emergency, practical aspects, and appropriate intervention methods, and specific
symptoms of these emergency situations will be taught.
To learn image receptors in dental radiology, the most common image receptors films, their types, features
and formation of image in films
The most widely used image receptor in dental radiology, the structure of the films, their properties, types,
to learn the formation of the image on the film.
1. Knowledge: to know composition of films, types of intraoral films, features, nature of screen,
characteristics of screen films, size and features of dental films. 2. Skills: should utilize various types of
films in diagnostic radiology according to their targets and features. 3. Attitude: should consider films
different characteristics in radiologic selection criteria.
To emphasize the laboratory aids that is often used for the diagnosis.
The patient’s medical history and clinical findings, laboratory examinations, as well as the necessity and
to emphasize the importance for diagnosis.
1. Knowledge: To know the laboratory survey for the correct diagnosis, select correct medication and
treatment. 2. Skills: To understand which pathology is shown the abnormal results. 3. Attitude: ntra-oral
findings by evaluating the intra-oral findings and laboratory findings to determine the relationship
between systemic disease should be guided by the consciousness of the patient
To classification the radiographic imaging of pathological patterns on diagnosis and treatment planning.
In the jaw bones, a variety of lesions in radiological images with what is going on, to learn an
understanding diagnostic methods.
1. Information: – terminology that is used for the evaluation of radiographic images
– the classification of lesions in the bones of the jaw
– jaw cysts,
– odontogenic tumors
-metabolic and genetic inflammatory lesions of the jaw lesions of the jaw to learn. 2. Skill: The student
course at the end of the jaw bones radiopaque, radiolucent and mixed lesions, diagnostic approaches, able
to correct.3. Attitude: dental pathologies associated with bone pathologies outside the clutch must be
related in terms of diagnosis and treatment planning.
To learn the accurate diagnosis and differential diagnosis of intraoral soft tissue lesions.
Pathologies in the oral mucosa, to recognize the student to gain the necessary knowledge and skills.
Information:-limits of oral mucosa, the normal physiological and anatomical structure,
-examination of the mucosa and skin tests are used as diagnostic criteria, phenomena,
– Elamenter lesions, histopathological changes, anatomical changes in terminology,
-premalignant diseases of the oral mucosa,
-white oral mucosal lesions
-Pigmented lesions of the oral mucosa,
-malignant lesions of oral mucosa
Skill: Oral mucosa, anatomic, physiologic and pathologic changes must be recognized, practical
diagnostic procedures or able to refer.
Behavior: During clinical studies of oral mucosa changes, not only the teeth and gums also need to deal
with, it is the duty clutch very definite necessity
To inform about the bony pattern before the implantation and determination after the replacement of the
Prior to application, eligibility and application use in post-implant bone structure to have an opinion
1. Information: -Implant bone quality (density) in the application area and quantity is sufficient to
observe. –To teach bone height measurements teach -Use of conventional radiography techniques. –to
learn cross-sectional computed tomography measurements 2. Skill: Clinical indication of the implant
before the implantation and following the bony loss after replacement of the implant 3. Attitude:
Radiological assessment of patients for dental implants.
To know important factors that should be considered when treating patients with cardiovascular disease
To have knowledge about the endocrine system and the system requires some knowledge of the
diagnosis of patients with a disorder
Related to the diagnosis and treatment on patients with endocrine system disorders, and to apply
knowledge of the issues to be considered
To know important factors that should be considered when treating patients with cardiovascular disease
To know cardiovascular disease which are important for dental treatment, extraoral and intraoral signs of
these disturbances and procedures that should be considered during dental treatment.
1. Knowledge to know cardiovascular disease which are important for dental treatment, extraoral and
intraoral signs of these disturbances and procedures that should be considered during dental treatment.
2. Skills: patients having cardiovascular disturbances should be assessed carefully, signs and symptoms
should be identified, proper dental treatment planning should be made
3. Attitude: know that these group of patients should be assessed carefully during examination and
Formation of the image and to obtain the standard radiographs for diagnosis.
The process of irradiation of the films after the disclosure of the image can be used in diagnosis to obtain
standard radiographs. Films, dark room, the layout and the rules of the baths, bath solutions, and establish
how to teach content, and the radiographic image.
1.Information: Dark room layout, learn the rules.
-1. and 2 substances in the bath in solutions,
-1.and 2 bathroom procedures, X-ray film and bath solutions substances
-interaction, learn how to construct the image
2. Skill: Student must easily prepare dark room through the rules. Bathroom features and thinking about
the relationship between the irradiation parameters should be able to get the best quality image.
3. Attitude: Design and rules of dark room. All the stages of film bath applied.
The reasons of radiographic artifacts and prevention the formation of artifacts.
The causes and solutions to errors that may be the student fails to learn radiographs. Radiographic
concepts that determine the quality (detail, density, contrast, fog) learn.
– depending on the application errors
– technical errors
-dark room errors
-errors during the bath process
– the cause of errors that occur radiographs – be able to obtain good quality radiographs, it should pay
attention to what you should know to achieve.
3. Attitude: Flawless (non-artifact) should obtain radiographs. Should know the cause of errors that occur
To obtain the radiographs in the same conditions to the patient are standardize in each meeting.
To have knowledge about the standardization of maxillofacial radiology applications.
To learn methods of intra-oral extra-oral radiological standardization in the maxillofacial region.
Radiographic determination on dental caries and periodontal diseases.
Monitoring of periodontal diseases in the diagnosis and treatment, practice the techniques of radiological
examination, radiographs of superiority on this issue and understand the limitations of the evaluation of
1. Knowledge: To know the radiographic determination according to dental caries and periodontal
2. Skills: To determine the radiographs accurately.
3. Attitude: To realize of usage the radiographs for diagnosis.
To learn the speciality and effects of x-rays that is used in radiology.
To obtain information about the mechanisms of x-rays and x-ray machines.
1. Information: – radiation, the definition of radiant energy.
– types of radiation (corpuscullar and electromagnetic radiation).
-radiation formation theories, natural and artificial radiation sources.
2. Skill: To be dominated properties of radiation which forms images at films.
3. Attitude: the image forming radiation, has biological hazards that must be used carefully
The effect of systemic diseases that is taken from patient’s history on the treatment planning.
General dental practices and relations of systemic diseases
1. Information: -Heart disease
-blood pressure problems,
-blood diseases, bleeding diatheses,
-kidney and liver diseases, hepatitis
– diseases of GIS
-TB and lung diseases,
-thyroid gland diseases
-upper respiratory tract diseases
-eye and ear complaints
-head and facial pain
-mental disorders, mental and nervous diseases,
To learn the indications of radiographic techniques and to take the radiographs.
Intra-oral imaging techniques can be applied in clinical and hospital practice are examined.
Intra-oral imaging techniques can be applied in clinical practice, will gain hands-on