Scientific Ethical Rules
The following specified rules should be taken into consideration in thesis writing and scientific studies.
It is highly recommended to prepare scientific research and thesis and make projects in accordance with the essential ethical principles that are given in the following.
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Responsible Publication
- Protecting human associations
It is important that the postgraduate and doctorate students do not exhibit the following scientific misconduct behaviors.
Scientific Misconduct Behaviors
- – Broadcasting within the framework of responsibility of the researchers
- – Hijacking (piracy)
- – Falsification (manufacturing)
- – Multicast (duplication)
- – Publishing by splitting (Salamization)
- – Disrespect to human ethics
- – Choosing sources partially
- – Biased publication (conflict of interest)
The postgraduate and doctorate students should take into consideration the necessary ethical rules in scientific researches and theses by considering APA rules and Directive of Research and Publication Ethics of Higher Education Council.
Please pay attention to the following Ethics Guidelines;
Ethical Rules with regard to Jury Members
- To do the assessment with an impartial perspective
- They should not utilize the studies that are not published in their assessments without the permission of the related member/members and not use in their own studies
- To use open and comprehensible statements in the reports and minutes that are prepared with regard to the result of the assessment
Ethical Rules with regard to Academic Thesis Advisors:
- To take the honesty, impartiality, responsibility, basic principles of academic behaviors as basis in the relations with candidate
- To guide the candidate in every step of the studies
- To ensure that candidate studies in accordance with universal principles and honesty approach of the science
- To care that the measuring tools that will be used in the study have been prepared independently from prejudices (like race, religion, nationality, sex, ideas and trends, institutional / personal closeness, etc.)
Scientific Ethical Rules Regarding the Student:
- He/she is responsible for obeying the ethical rules in thesis/project studies.
- He/she should know his/her own responsibilities by communicating honestly and with primitive behaviors with the advisor.
- He/she should exchange ideas regularly throughout the studies.
- He/she should not use and publish any other researches without the permission of the advisor regarding the thesis/project practices.