Chairman’s Welcome message
It is a pleasure for me to welcome you to Computer Engineering website of the Near East University,
Department of Computer Engineering offers Bachelor (BSc) degree for undegraduate, Master (MSc), and Doctorate (PhD) degrees for postgraduate students for their academic interest and the market needs. The department also offers an enriching academic environment where our dedicated staff members offer their best output and students are encouraged to show their best performance.
Undergraduate computer engineering students are studying a wide array of subjects, including computer organization, programming languages, communication, database management systems, data structure and algorithms, control systems, electronics, microprocessors, and artificial intellegence. The students are exposed to the broad spectrum of computer hardware and software engineering courses with an emphasis on the embedded systems. Our students are supplied with the knowledge and skills needed for high quality engineering work and to improve their ability and skills with a broad intellectual spectrum so that they will be ready for diverse and competitive carrer paths.
Our graduate programs are research oriented and lead toward the degrees of master of science and doctor of philosophy. Graduate student’s research facilities are available in embedded systems, software systems with the application of different innovation technologies, and artifical intelligence elements. Using core research areas, our faculty are expanding the base of knowledge through numerous referred publications.
Educating students is the main objective of our department. We believe the best way to achieve this is to expose our students to the important questions being researched by our faculty. We strive to involve undergraduate students to significant hands-on team projects and encourge research. One of such research project was the creating robotic football team of Near East University. These projects promote cooperation and team-based problem solving, leadership, and mentoring, while exposing students to best engineering practices that are invaluable for any succeesfull career choice.
On behalf of the faculty of the Department of Computer Engineering I welcome you to explore the wide range of exciting educational and research opportunities offered by the Department. We welcome inquiries if you have any questions or would like to have additional information.
Chronological order of the chairpersons of the Department of Computer Engineering:
|1992-1998||Prof. Dr. Doğan İBRAHİM|
|1998-1998||Prof. Dr. Samira TAWFİK|
|1998-2001||Prof. Dr. Adnan KHASHMAN|
|2001-2009||Prof. Dr. Doğan İBRAHİM|
|2009-2014||Prof. Dr. Rahib ABİYEV|
|2014-2015||Prof. Dr. Adel AMİRJANOV|
|2015-||Prof. Dr. Rahib H. ABİYEV|
Computer Engineering Program Objectives
The Bachelor of Science program in Computer Engineering prepares the students to achieve the following career and professional objectives.
- To acquire a strong foundation in Computer Engineering area relevant to the current needs of industry to allow them to successfully compete for demanding and high quality jobs
- Analyze problems, propose algorithmic solutions, and implement them correctly and efficiently by applying their knowledge of mathematics, computing, systems and development tools.
- Propose engineering solutions using the information and communication technologies for the related problems of industry and government.
- To acquire clear communication abilities, ethical and social responsibilities for teamwork.
- Make positive contributions to their community and society by applying skills and abilities learned during their undergraduate program in computer engineering
- Improve knowledge and skills through lifelong learning and graduate studies.
Computer Engineering Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Computer Engineering program are expected to achieve the following student learning outcomes.
- Ability to understand and apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- Ability to analyze a problem, identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- Ability to apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer engineering techniques in the modelling and design of computer-based systems.
- Ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social aspects
- Planning and carrying out experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- Understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities that apply to engineering
- Ability to work productively in a multidisciplinary team, in particular to carry out projects involving computer engineering skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
The aims of the Computer Engineering Department are; bringing up experienced and knowledgeable individuals equipped with theoretical and practical information related to the discipline, and at the same time, bring up competent individuals who are able to contribute to the developments and research studies in the field, and be managers and instructors to continue to bring up qualified people who can effectively serve in this field.
Computer Engineering Department currently offers the following programs:
- BS Degree in Computer Engineering
- MS Degree in Computer Engineering
- PhD Degree in Computer Engineering
The mission of the Computer Engineering is to provide the highest level of quality education to students for preparing them for productive carrer, graduate study, and lifelong learning. under the guidance of an experienced academic staff.
By providing high quality educational opportunities, the vision of the Department of Computer Engineering is to be the most prestigious department of engineering so far is existing within the geography It is positioned in by bringing up individuals having the ability to adapt to the changes upcoming throughout the world, achieving international success and thus becoming leading engineers.
Language of Instruction
Undergraduate Computer Engineering programs both in Turkish or English language are in progress.