Head of Department’s Welcome message
Dear recent and prospective students, parents, colleagues and staff, welcome to Automotive Engineering website.
Engineering is the application of scientific, economic, social, and practical knowledge in order to design, build, and maintain structures, machines, devices, systems, materials and processes. Rapid developments in technology and increasing demand on certain areas enforced the necessity of team working more than ever giving rise to specialized engineers. Automotive Engineering Departments are founded to educate specialized engineers to overcome the demand in the automotive industry.
Engineering Faculty of Near East University decided to participate in overcoming the demand of young specialized engineers in this new and popularized discipline and established Automotive Engineering Department in 2010. All of the academic teaching staff are members of recognized engineering institutions and have long term industrial experience providing not only the theoretical knowledge but also the real time experiences.
If you like to be among us you are welcomed and will be more than happy to work together to shape your feature life.
Please, enjoy our website to get detailed information. You can contact us in anyway without hesitation for further information.
As individuals and members of a competitive team, the graduates of the Department of Automotive Engineering will have:
- A solid mathematical and scientific background necessary to comprehend the fundamentals of engineering.
- A strong foundation in engineering areas relevant to current industry needs to allow them to successfully compete for demanding and high quality jobs.
- An ability to apply design procedures as required by the discipline which will allow them to produce resourceful and innovative engineering solutions.
- An ability to communicate effectively and to act with social, ethical, and professional responsibility to fulfill their commitment inside and outside the engineering profession.
- An ability to use computers as a tool for analysis, design, simulation, and control.
- Strong laboratory skills that will allow them to design and conduct experiments with systems and instruments of various complexity in the field.
- An understanding of a life-long learning and critical thinking required for entrepreneurship, competitiveness, leadership, and adaptation to new challenges.
- An understanding of social, business, industrial, and human aspects as a complement to their engineering background.
Department of Automotive Engineering was founded in 2010. Even though it is a new department the students have the advantage of training themselves in very well equipped laboratories of Engineering Faculty including the laboratories like Physics, Chemistry, Personal Computer, Material Testing and Stress Analysis, Heat Transfer, Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics and Machine Shop. Department of Automotive Engineering has been continuing its education in the new Engineering Faculty building which is about 7700 m2 and fully air-conditioned for the comforts of the students as well as academic and administrative staff.
Chronological order of the chairpersons of the Department of Automotive Engineering:
|2010 – 2015||Assist. Prof. Dr. Ali EVCİL|
|2015 – 2016||Assist. Prof. Dr. Kamil DİMİLİLER|
|2016-||Prof. Dr. Mahmut Ahsen SAVAŞ|
Aims and Goals
Automotive industry has crucial importance all over the world. The aim of the Automotive Engineering Department is to prepare engineering candidates for various branches of this industry with an improved self-confidence and individual initiative. Students are educated to have scientific systematic approach in solving engineering problems, sound engineering base, life-long learning habits and research abilities.
The aim of the Automotive Engineering Department is to prepare engineering candidates for various branches of industry with an improved self-confidence and individual initiative. Students are educated by young, dynamic, proactive, academic personnel with industrial experience to have scientific systematic approach in solving engineering problems, sound engineering base, life-long learning habits and research abilities.
To support and lead the nation’s requirements and technological developments, to be able to conduct international projects and to have an authority in research areas. To perform research studies and to educate engineers equipped with technical “know-how”, creative thinking and being able to try and research new technologies to achieve required goal.
The vision of the department is to have respect and authority in engineering activities and to gain acceptance through research projects, support to the nation and delivering high quality engineers.
Information on Education
Undergraduate program of Automotive Engineering
Language of Instruction
The language of all instructional programs are Turkish and English.
English Preparatory Program
Students registering to the undergraduate program of the department are required to have a certificate in English proficiency or must qualify from English proficiency examination held by the university. Otherwise they have to follow a one-year English preparatory program.
Graduates of the department can find employment in automotive industry and sub-industry on product development, production, quality control, purchasing, post-purchasing and marketing. They can also find employment in authorized services.