Professor Dr. Alireza KHATAEE was born on April 22, 1977 in Tabriz (East Azerbaijan, Iran). He received his Ph.D. in Applied Chemistry from University of Tabriz, and spent a sabbatical leave at Nancy University, France in 2007. He joined the University of Tabriz in 2007 as an assistant professor of Applied Chemistry. In 2011, he promoted to the full professor position. From June 2014-August 2015 he worked as the visiting scientist at Atatürk University, Turkey supported by TUBITAK. He is the director of the Technology Affairs Management of University of Tabriz. Prof. KHATAEE is the Director of the Committee of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) of University of Tabriz since 2015. Recently, he collaborates with Near East University.
- 285 papers in international ISI indexed Journals, (Citation acquired from Scopus database: 6089 and h-index= 42 on 01-February-2017).
- 20 papers in national Journals,
- 165 papers in international and national scientific conferences,
- 9 books/book chapters,
- 6 national patents,
- 26 research projects
Awards and encouragements:
- One of the top 1% researchers in the world in 2015 and 2016
- The distinguished researcher of Iran in 2013
- The distinguished researcher of faculty of chemistry and basic sciences of University of Tabriz in 2013
- The distinguished researcher of East Azerbaijan Province in 2011
- The distinguished researcher of University of Tabriz in 2011
Editorial Board for Journals:
Turkish Journal of Chemistry, Journal of Environmental Toxicology, Nanomaterials in Chemical Engineering, Journal of Environmental Treatment Techniques, Journal of Nanomaterials, Advances in Environmental Research, International Journal of Industrial Chemistry, Journal of Engineering, and Austin Journal of Environmental Toxicology.
- Synthesis and characterization of nanostructured materials
- Application of nanostructured catalysts for wastewater treatment
- Advanced oxidation processes (AOPs)
- Electrochemical water treatment processes
- Application of nanomaterials in chemiluminescence processes
- Ozonation and catalytic-ozonation processes
- Molecular dynamics simulation
- Membrane processes for water and wastewater treatment.