He was born in Nicosia on 17th of October 1963. He is the first son of Halit Yüksel who is the watchmaker known as “Bizim Saatçi” and İlter Yüksel who is a tailor. He graduated from Haydarpaşa Trade School, then became a journalist in Birlik Newspaper in 1981. He joined to Turkish News Agency of Cyprus in 1985. He served as a Photojournalist for 15 years and then got retired from there. Meanwhile he started working as a half-term lecturer on Basic Photography in The Near East University. After the retirement, he continued at the NEU as a full-time lecturer and he is giving Photojournalism, Studio Photography, Advertisement Photography in addition to Basic Photography still. He had 11 exhibitions including news, sports, dark room, digitally edited photographs between years 1987-2011. Some of these exhibitions were redone in Ankara, Adana, İzmir, Akşehir. He started organising The Near East University International Photography Days in 1999 and he’s still doing it every 2 years. He is married and father of 2 children.
List of Published books:
- 1995 – “Geçmişten Günümüze Kıbrıs’ta Fotoğraf Vitrinimiz”,
- 1997 – “Fotoğraf Kültürümüz”,
- 2001 – “Basın Fotoğrafçılığının Sırları”,
- 2001 – “Fotoğrafçılık Ders Notları”,
- 2007 – “Kıbrıs’ta Fotoğraf ve Fotoğrafçılık /1878-2006”,
- 2009 – “KKTC Turizm Bakanlığı Fotoğraf Albümü”,
- 2010 – “KKTC Turizm Bakanlığı Fotoğraf Albümü”,
- 2010 – “Temel Fotoğrafçılık”.