The Department of Gifted Education was founded in 2012 as a department of Atatürk Faculty of Education of Near East University. The undergraduate program of the Department of Gifted Education covers: field teaching courses, vocational courses; introduction to educational sciences, teaching practices, and optional courses.
Aims and Goals
Having the support and assistance of our highly qualified teaching staff, candidate teachers are equipped with necessary knowledge, modern approaches, techniques and theories which are all facilitated in the teaching of the gifted learners. The implementation courses are provided in laboratories. Applications and developments in the field of gifted education will be closely followed in order to bring up qualified teachers to efficiently serve the field.
Mission and Vision
- To equip students (candidate teachers) of this department with basic knowledge and skills relevant to gifted education,
- To raise individuals; who constantly develop themselves, who find scientific solutions and make contributions to the field of Gifted Education,
- To bring up teachers who will be employed in private institutions to teach the gifted learners,
- To bring up teachers which have the ability to plan, design, implement and assess instruction appropriate for teaching the gifted learners,
- To facilitate research and projects which will make contributions to the field of gifted education,
- To organize seminars and meetings; which will have a positive impact on the discipline of gifted education.