|Building Name:||Apartment style Luxury Dorms|
|Purpose:||Accommodation for Academic Staff|
|Construction Type:||Reinforced concrete frame|
|Number of Floors:||Ground floor+ 3 floors|
|Gross Area:||901 m²|
|Material:||Exterior; Plaster and paint. Interior; Plaster/Gypsum and paint, Floor covering: granite, ceramic|
|Launch Date:||The construction is still in progress.|
The building was designed for the use of a single person in luxury. An infrastructure was designed including internet, central heating, satellite and hot water for each of the flats in order to provide a comfortable and peaceful life for the staff.
Construction type was chosen as reinforced concrete at the Project of Apartment style Luxury Dorms. It was designed as a ground floor + 3floors.Unique and permanent foundation system was used in the foundation of the building as a result of the structure, geometry and ground reports.
Accordance with the standards, samples have been taken in order to control the quality of the concrete during the pouring of concrete.
Dynamic analyses have been made in all of the analyses.
National and International specifications, standards and references that have been used in the design of the reinforced concrete system are as below:
• TS498; Calculation of Loads for the sizing of structural elements
• Regulations about Constructions in the Disaster Areas(2007)
• TS500; Design and Construction of Concrete StructuresWithin the framework of relevant references, some important information used in reinforced concrete system designs is as follows:
• Earthquake Zone: Second Degree → Ground Reports File
• Coefficient Ground Acceleration Elasticity (Coefficient of Elasticity): 0.3 → DBYBHY(2007) Table 2.2
• Building importance coefficient factor: 1.0 → DBYBHY(2007) Table 2.3
• Elasticity Level of Structure: High → DBYBHY(2007) 2.5.4
• Local Soil Class: Z2 → Ground Reporting File
• The purpose of the Building and its Type: Accommodation → DBYBHY(2007) Table 7.7
• Structural Behavior Factor(R): 8.00→ DBYBHY(2007) Table 2.5
• Active Load Participation Factor: 0.3 → DBYBHY(2007) Table 2.7
• Ground Spectrum Characteristic Periods: Ta=0.15 Tb=0.40→DBYBHY(2007) Table 2.7
• Beding Coefficient: 3000 ton/m3 → Ground Report File
• Ground Safety Stress: 25 ton/m2 → Ground Report File
It was preferred to use the C25 type of concrete class and S420 (BC I I I a) of steel class as a result of the analyses and design which was used in the constriction.